Sunday, January 22, 2012

Crafty McCraftyson

I learned the hard way that my finely-lined owl friend was probably not the best candidate for screenprinting, not to mention for my first ever ATTEMPT at screenprinting, but it turned out alright. I did this for a couple christmas presents, so it seemed as good an excuse as any to experiment..





The finest lines in the wing and smoke plumes got consumed in emulsion, but I was pretty pleased that the face came through solid.

Naturally, my excitement to screenprint on wood consumed any relevant wisdom I had on materials and techniques, so I absolutely forgot to prime or seal the bastard. Sooo WE'LL SEE. question mark.

1 comment:

  1. I've recently started screen printing too and I'm learning things the hard way too. BUT I think it gives it something really special! And printing it on wood, that's neat, I need to start experimenting with surface too. *inspired*

    ReplyDelete